120GB Intel SSDSA2CW120G3 Data Recovery

The SSDSA2CW120G3 Drive Issue

This 120GB Intel SSDSA2CW120G3 came in with the issue description that it had just stopped working. It had important files on it that were not backed up, so the client was looking to get as much data back as possible.

The drive had already been to another shop that attempted to run software-based data recovery applications on it, but they were not able to get back any of the important information. The shop that looked at it sends drives it is not able to recover to us. We have a great track record of recovering their customer’s drives, so this client was excited to hopefully get their important information back.

SSDSA2CW120G3 Data Recovery

8MB bad CTX SSD Diagnosis

Once I received the SSDSA2CW120G3 drive, I started with testing to see if there was a power-based issue. Sometimes with solid state drives the issue is just that the power is not getting through the board as it should, but on this one, the drive did power on and I could see the issue was the 8MB bad CTX issue.

Recovering the data from the Intel SSD

Normally you can go through the different copies of the translator to find the version that has the most data, but in this case, all the copies didn’t come back with any usable data. I went ahead and imaged the whole drive, about 15% of the drive I was able to image regularly, while the other 85% I had to use ECC.

I had to do this again with the other B file and got about 50% of the drive to image regularly instead of just 15%. I scanned the recovered data with UFS Explorer Pro, and got the important files back! I moved the recovered files to the customer’s new drive and let them know I was able to get data back!

SSDSA2CW120G3 Data Recovery Service

If you have a failed SSDSA2CW120G3 solid state drive or any solid state drive for that matter, I would be happy to help you get your important data recovered! Just fill out my quote form if you would like a quote, or start the recovery process by filling out my recovery form.

I look forward to helping you get your data back affordably. Thanks for reading!

Drive info: Intel SSD 320 Series 120GB, Made in China, Model: SSDSA2CW120G3 2.5”, 3Gb/s SATA SSD 120G 5V 1A, FW: 0362, WWN:50015178F35B35AF

About Author

Leave a Comment